Academia is the most important fundamental in the life of an undergraduate member of Delta Tau Delta fraternity. In saying that, we held the highest fraternity grade point average for the 2013-2014 school year and are contenders for the top spot academically once again this year.
In order for all this to be possible, Zeta Delta has a strict policy for academic excellence and a low tolerance for unsatisfactory grades, along side many resources to aid members with their academics.
Our chapter has spent an abundance of time creating an environment that inspires academic maturity with programs such as :
- Mentor programs for actives and new members with similar classes or majors
- Big Brother programs with an emphasis on providing academic support
- One-on-one and group counseling with an academic advisor
- Academic Captain system to monitor grades and aid in study sessions
- Prizes for highest GPA, most hours spent in the library, repeat semesters on the Deans List etc.
We believe that Academic success is imperative to all Delts as we go through college and become men.
Some of the Scholarships available to Delts:
File Scholarship & Award for Undergraduate Excellence
Named after Kenneth File, former Vice President for the Fraternity and current President of the Foundation. Established in 1996 to recognize individual efforts of excellence as well as superior academic achievement. Scholarship awarded annually at Division Conferences. Gustafson/Johns Scholarship
Established in 1996 to recognize the services of Kevin Johns and Ned Gustafson to the Fraternity. Scholarship awarded to Delts annually to recognize chapter leadership in addition to campus and civic involvement.